Every year I wish I had read more books. Once i get into a book I’m good, but when i finish it takes me forever to get back into that groove of the “next” book. I tend to bounce from book to book until I find that next one. That next one right now is Tony Reinke’s new book, God, Technology, and the Christian Life.
There are so few technologically deep, well written, books that combine faith and technology, but this is one of them, so far. I’m just getting started, but Reinke’s balanced objective voice shows how science, technology, and faith in God all coexist and often compliment each other. I can’t wait to get to the meat of the text.
Books in the technology genre are some of my favorite, but they often get outdated very quickly. Some that have stood the test of time and are favorites of mine are (in no paticular order):
- Dark Mirror by Barton Gellman
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- Code Breaker by Walter Isaacson
- Permanent Record by Edward Snowden
- The Art of Invisibility by Kevin Mitnick
- The Innovators by Walter Isaacson
- Viral by Leonard Sweet
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You by Tony Reinke
I’m sure there are plenty of others, those are just some on my list. 📚