Below is my traditional, formal, or possibly somewhat stuffy resume as one would use fill out that next job application. If you would like to get to know me and what I’m passionate about in life, please head over to my about page. I look forward to getting to know you in either setting.
Scott Fillmer’s Contact Info
Mission and Focus
I have over twenty years of business experience from the airlines, to the tech industry, to non-profit organizations. I have been on staff serving Cornerstone Church in Auburn since 2008 as the Business Administrator and Production Manager. With an BA in Accounting from UAB, and an MA in Theology from Liberty University, I hope to be able to equip others in fulfilling their mission goals and objectives.
I find great value in the relational aspect of life, and in being able to help others using the skills and experience I have acquired. I have been fortunate to be able to serve locally in the Auburn-Opelika area, internationally in places like Uganda, Africa, as well as online communities where I spent two years with YouVersion.com as a volunteer support representative.
Cornerstone Church, Director of Communications (Auburn, AL) 2008-Present
- Directs and manages all communications and media related outlets for Cornerstone
- Photographer / Videographer that collects, edits, and produces visual stories
- Production manager for all live performances and events
- Accountable for collection and recording of $1.5 million in yearly non-profit giving
- Finance management, reporting, invoicing, budget development, forecasting, financials review
- Continual updates to Finance and Executive Committees on budgets and attendance
- Manages building maintenance staff, repairs, cleaning, and event scheduling
- Builds and manages teams of volunteers from production to finance
- Manages technology, hardware, software, website, photography, and social media
- Serves on finance committee, communications team, and disciple leadership team
- Coordinator and administrator for Uganda mission teams
Scott Fillmer Photography, Owner (Nationwide) 1995-Present
- Professional photographer specializing in non-profit work, conferences, and live events. Portfolio includes a wide range of genres and experience in photography.
- Past Clients include: ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Equifax, Auburn University, Catalyst Conference, Seth Godin, Catalyst Leadership Conferences (catalystspace.org), Giant Impact, Craig Groeschel (LifeChurch.tv), Grace Campus Ministries (gracecampus.net)
- Portfolio available upon request.
YouVersion Bible App, User Advocate (Volunteer) 2012-2014
- Volunteer YouVersion User Advocate on the Web and Mobile Team
- Responsible specifically for user support for Live Events
- Part of the translation team responsible for adding new translation information and support documentation to the website.
Pieces of the Past, Owner (Birmingham, AL) 1993-2008
- Business owner responsible for all aspects of operating the business
- Product development and distribution for business enterprise
- Product specialization focused on import and distribution
- Increased worldwide sales and profitability for 10 straight years
McLeod Software, Software Specialist (Birmingham, AL) 1996-1998
- Installed UNIX servers, trained clients on software package
- Implemented upgrades on existing systems
- Support installed systems with existing customers
- Trained staff members on current user end systems
Southwest Airlines, Customer Service (SFO, DAL, SDF, BHM) 1992-1996
- Customer Service Representative (SFO, DAL, SDF, BHM)
- Provided highest level of customer service for the flying public
- Awarded for consecutive employee attendance three years in a row
- Skilled and trained for constantly changing situations
- Obtained private pilots license
Skill Set Overview
My skill set is, of course, unique to me and my experiences. I have tried over the past 20 years to continually expand and learn as opportunities presented themselves. I have a strong background in Business Administration and Non-Profit organizations. Within that came some of these of specific skills.
- Photography and Video: Instructor/Teacher / Image Editor, Adobe Systems, Photography marketing
- Business Administration: Accounting & Finance / Marketing / Brand Development
- Non-Profit Management: Volunteer Teams / Admin Support / Budget Forecasting
- Information Technology: Software/Hardware Support / Blog / Social Media / Design / Coding
- Writing: Freelance Writer, Copyeditor, Content Writer, Essays, Academic Writing
- Artistically: Writing / Research / Poetry / Story-telling in Imagery
MA, Theological Studies: Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary (Lynchburg, VA) 2012
Completed a Master of Arts in Theology with a GPA of 3.85. Currently have completed a majority of the requirements for the Master of Divinity (MDiv) in Theology and Apologetics program while maintaining the highest quality of academic work.
BA, Business Accounting: University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL) 1996
Completed B.A. in Business with major in Accounting with over 150 credit hours of study completed, continuing into MBA program upon graduation, for CPA qualification. Minor studies in photography.