Hi, I’m Scott. Welcome to my site.
My brief personal bio is below, but just for fun because I love using numbers, I thought I would give you a few quick fun facts about me, by the numbers. If you are interested in my formal resume it can be found here or my LinkedIn profile here.
- 4.271 Terabytes. The amount of personal data I’ve collected (kept) since my first PC in 1992.
- 219,728 Images. The number of photos I’ve taken in 20+ years as a photographer
- 8. The number I wore in baseball, also shared by Yastrzemski, Ripken, Yogi Berra, and Joe Morgan
- 641,549 Emails. The number I’ve sent/received and saved since I left AOL in 1993.
- 3,014,250 Words. The number of words I’ve penned in my DayOne App.
- 22,364 Tweets. The number of messages I’ve sent via @scottfillmer since Nov 1, 2007.
- 50 different states, 25 different countries, and 5 continents I’ve been to. I call Auburn home.
- 10 nieces and nephews. But I only have 1 sibling.
- 46.66 seconds. The time it took you to read and comprehend the above numbers without pausing to reflect.
- 154.63 seconds. The time it would take you to read this entire page without stopping to reflect.
- 14.71 seconds. The amount of time the average person will spend on an “about page” which will determine their first impression about your entire life and who you are.
If you have read this far then maybe something has peaked your interest, that’s great. Thanks for visiting my site and spending part of your day with me. On the practical side of life, I have over twenty years of business experience from the airlines, to the tech industry, to non-profit organizations. I have (disclaimer) been on staff serving Cornerstone Church in Auburn since 2008 as the Business Administrator and Production Manager. With an BA in Accounting from UAB, and an MA in Theology from Liberty University, I hope to be able to equip others in fulfilling their mission goals and objectives.
I find great value in the relational aspect of life, and in being able to help others using the skills and experience I have acquired. I have been fortunate to be able to serve locally in the Auburn-Opelika area, internationally in places like Uganda, Africa, as well as online communities where I spent two years with YouVersion.com as a volunteer support representative.
I am a student of photography, writing, baseball, poetry, all around Internet and social media guru. My wife Deborah and I have been married for 21 years now, and we now reside among the Loveliest Village on the Plains, Auburn, AL. Most days you can find me online around Twitter and Facebook.
It’s hard to put into words what God has done in and with my life, what all I have done and have yet to do, but collectively this site is my honest look at life over the past 10-20 years or so. As much as anything else here on this site, I hope it is an honest look at what I call life from my vantage point. If you would like to contact me for any reason you can start with sending me an email at scott.fillmer [at] gmail.
Other Interesting Aspects About My Site
- About my Photography
I’ve been a photographer for twenty years now. I Studied at UAB from 1994-96 and started shooting with actual film. My love for photography comes from our ability to capture tiny slices of daily life, frozen forever in time.
- Read My Personal Testimony
This is my personal testimony of my faith in Jesus Christ, and how it has progressed through my life from beginning to current day. Every believer in Jesus Christ has this personal testimony, I just realized that few of us ever write it down.
- My Miscellanies As I have tried to organize my site into coherent sections, and then the various pieces of information that belong in their own group, some things just don’t have a proper spot, they are Miscellanies.
- My List of Lists I love lists, of all different kids. Over time, I have created enough lists, to have a list of my lists, that’s what this is. I know it sounds a little crazy, maybe it is.
-updated June 2014